TITLE – HSSE COORDINATOR
LOCATION – LONDON (HYBRID WORKING – 2 DAYS IN)
SALARY – £30-47K
We are looking for a HSSE Coordinator to join one of the largest worldwide general trading companies, and is a diversified corporation. They are looking for a HSSE Coordinator with experience in the Oil and Gas space to join their London team. This role will report directly to the Regional HSSE Manager of the SCEU MPU Business. Main purpose of job
- To support the day-to-day HSSE workload for the SCEU MPU (Metal Products Unit) business and operations.
- To support the SCEU MPU Regional HSSE manager in ensuring that all MPU locations and activities are compliant with:
- local regulatory HSSE requirements
- Contract HSSE requirements
- SCTPD HSSE management system
- To support and deliver structured education and awareness training of HSSE issues and to ensure best practice is developed and maintained within SCEU MPU
- To carry out HSSE audits, process reviews, inspections, and monitoring activities supporting the SCEU MPU Regional HSSE Manager.
3. Scope of job
- Supports day-to-day HSSE MPU activity
- Work with SCEU MPU Regional HSSE Manager, SCEU Management, Global HSSE organisation, Customers, Contractors, and Suppliers to meet our SCTPD HSSE Policy objectives and customer HSSE requirements.
- Look to deliver continual improvement in relation to SCEU MPU HSSE performance.
- Perform audits to measure the level of safety culture
- Perform or facilitate audits and inspections as per audit and monitoring plan
- Provide HSSE input to HSSE management system reviews
- Ensure Incidents are recorded & reported.
- Review incident reports to ensure suitable basic and root causes have been identified and appropriate corrective and preventative actions identified
- Facilitates & participates in High-Level Incident investigations.
- Ensure lessons learned from incidents are taken into account across the MPU
Training & Coaching
- Ensures that the company safety expectations are communicated to the workforce.
- Provides training sessions as per Training Plan & Competency development requirements.
- Educates workforce on Lessons Learnt from previous & industry incidents.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Assists teams in identifying hazards, assessing risks, and identifying relevant controls to manage and reduce these risks to ALARP
- Assist teams in identifying aspects and impacts
- Ensure suitable environmental controls are put in place
- Ensure environmental objectives and targets are set, measured, and reported
- Ensure all HSSE documentation and records are issued and maintained in line with specified company documentation requirements
- Contractor / Supplier Management
- Ensure our Assessed Supplier List is maintained
- Ensure our Contractor/Supplier Management standard is implemented
- Ensure relevant and necessary inputs are available e.g., lagging, and leading KPI’s, accidents, auditing, inspections, and monitoring trends etc.
- Solid experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining Health, Safety and Environment management systems in line with International Standards ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Proven capability of demonstrating the maintenance of HSE Standards within the workplace through monitoring, inspection, and audit.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and externally to customers, Contractors, Suppliers, and 3rd Parties.
- Experience working within the Oil and Gas space or similar.
- Ability to prepare and update HSSE statistical tracking and trending data.
- Knowledge of and ability to use management concepts and principles including goal setting, planning and execution.
- Knowledge of relevant UK HSE laws, codes of practice and standards
- Possess strong knowledge of ISO 45001:2018, and IS014001:2015 International standards
- Experience of working in the Oil & Gas industry in a HSE capacity
- A demonstrated ability to undertake audits, risk assessments and accident investigations
- Experience in supporting on investigating, analysing, preparing, and delivering business reports
- Good understanding of all aspects of HSSE best practice preferably in an Oil & Gas environment
- Ability to provide support in writing concise reports and presentations and explain issues to the Regional HSSE Manager
- IOSH and/or NEBOSH general certification.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.