Role Title: Regulatory Reporting Controller || Salary: up to £85,000 plus bonus
This role is with a leading Global Asset Manager who are looking to hire into their Regulatory Reporting team. The role is a number 2 to the Head of Regulatory Reporting and will help oversee a team of 4 qualified Analysts.
This is a very broad role covering both Capital and Liquidity, where you will oversee the reporting requirements of the team and have responsibility for new policy interpretation.
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for submitting all prudential regulatory returns for the consolidated Group and asset management firms to the PRA and FCA and for production of associated internal reports.
In recent years, the team has also taken responsibility for the production of capital forecasts on both a BAU and stressed basis, and plays a key role in determining the approach to capital and liquidity management across the group (e.g. policy development). Correspondingly, the team also now has joint responsibility (with Risk / Treasury) for the production of Pillar 2 documents (the ICAAP / ILAAP).
These increased responsibilities, together with the increase in supervisory scrutiny of regulatory numbers and underlying processes, prompt the need to recruit an additional senior headcount to the team.
The role holder will:
- take responsibility for the oversight and / or production of a selection of returns;
- produce internal reports for senior management summarising the regulatory position;
- contribute to the production of the consolidated Group ICAAP / ILAAP documents;
- lead change initiatives and responses to ad hoc requests from senior management.
Given this is an additional headcount, there is some flexibility with respect to the specific responsibilities that the successful applicant will take on.
Experience would have been gained either within industry (asset manager or bank) or a consultancy firm, where you will have gained the following attributes:
- strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind;
- ability to work under own initiative;
- ability to manage projects and implement change;
- ability to develop close and effective working relationships and manage key stakeholders;
- strong written and verbal communication skills.
A Qualified Accountant is preferred for the role.