Repairs Team Leader
£35k per annum + car allowance
To lead a team of Maintenance Surveyors to ensure the responsive and void repairs service is delivered in accordance with our Corporate Plan. To be responsible for the repairs budget and delivery of an effective and value for money repairs service to our customers inline with performance standards.
- Ensure Yorkshire Housing receives quality and value for money through effective contract management of repairs works. Operate within agreed levels of expenditure and established procedures. Authorise payment of invoices and variation request from service providers. Monitor the repairs budget, controlling spend to ensure that overspend does not occur and report to managers on performance and spend.
- Implement quality control procedures covering contractors' performance, building defects, post repair inspections, site supervision, works orders (prepared by non-technical staff) and hand-over and defects inspections, to ensure that Yorkshire Housing, its contractors and consultants are providing a high standard of work and service.
- Provide technical advice to non-technical staff and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage the day to day work of your team ensuring quality control, contract management, contractor performance and attend Regional quality meetings with contractors.
- Prepare reports in conjunction with the Repairs Manager to Board, Committees and Executive team as required.
- To maintain a close working relationship with other Yorkshire Housing departments to ensure a joined up approach to customer repairs expectations are delivered.
- Recruit, support, manage and develop staff so that they make the maximum contribution to the work of the group.
- Monitor service providers/ partners to ensure that high standards of health and safety practices are maintained at all times.
- Be available to respond to out of hours emergency escalation calls on a rota basis with the other Repairs Team Leaders
- Deputise for Repairs Manager if required
Please apply either via the advert or send your CV directly to email@example.com