An exciting opportunity for a Research Accountant has arisen with a University in Central London.
Whilst working closely with the Research team this role will play a crucial role in the Financial Management of the research grants.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation of monthly-management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Management of two Research Finance Officers including appraisals, target setting and recruitment
- Stakeholder managements, building relationships with senior finance and non-finance members of staff, developing their understanding of complex financial issues and information
- Preparing and presenting on costings for new research grants and contracts
- Managing both pre and post-award financial activities
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A full accounting qualification (ACCA/ CIMA) or be actively studying and near completion
- Experience with pre and/or post-award finances in the education sector
- Previous line-management experience
If this opportunity is of interest or you would like to hear about other higher education vacancies, please submit your CV or contact Jasmine Spencer on Jasmine.Spencer@goodmanmasson.com