Research Analyst M&A - Birmingham
Start date: ASAP
An Analyst will provide focussed desktop research and analysis of public record information as asked for by senior members of the corporate finance team and assist in the timely delivery of services.
- Conduct and identify potential buyer and target searches including company profiling and strategy assessment.
- Produce briefing documents which include an analysis of company product and geographic placement, key factors affecting the industry, review of company strategies, and rational for acquisition.
- Perform executive summaries/profiles of relevant companies.
- Answering client enquiries and ensuring they are promptly kept informed of enquiry progress.
- Assist with the production of pitch presentations for senior members of the corporate finance team.
- Engage in research sector work by attending sector sub-stream meetings and producing required work to deadlines.
- Show competence in liaising with departmental sub streams.
- Require minimal supervision.
- Assist in the training of junior staff.
- Graduate (2.1 or above) in Business or Finance related topic, ideally MBA
- Experience of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of research tools eg Bloomberg, Factiva, Perfect Information, Onesource, Corpfin, a range of Thomson Financial Products.
- Ideally Previous research working experience