Risk & Finance Manager - Interim 6 months
Location - Brighton
This position involves working across a range of risk and control activities and initiatives within the Finance team.
The role will support the Head of Financial Reporting & Control in the following areas:
- Building and embedding finance risk management processes
- Documenting financial controls, developing controls testing frameworks, and working on control improvement and efficiency initiatives
- Reporting and analysing risk and control information
- Support IM and Business Unit staff in updating and compiling up to date policy and process documentation
- Collect, consolidate and support business units in maintaining high quality financial risk information and embedding risk management
- Partner with business units in carrying out detailed risk reviews and ensuring that information is consistent with IM-wide and group-wide methodologies
- Work across different Business Units to align approaches and share examples of good practice
- Maintain and update accurate information on finance risk incidents
- Work with business units to document and maintain information on key controls and key risk indicators
- Work with the Head of Financial Reporting & Control in establishing controls testing methodologies and approaches to financial controls assurance
- Partner with business units to identify and address opportunities to improve control strength and/or efficiency
- Relevant professional qualification essential (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management is preferable.
- Experience in finance risk management processes and controls
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.