Risk and Governance Manager
A leading real estate asset management group is looking for a risk and Governance manager to join their team, this role will involve working closely with the business and helping them to improve their overall governance framework
An important senior role which requires the job holder to partner and work closely with management to effectively embed our compliance and risk management framework across the business and guide its integration into day-to-day operations and support effective decision making.
The aim is to deliver improvements in the quality of the business understanding of the risks we face at a business unit and corporate level and the importance of the underlying control strategies required to manage them. The role will provide greater confidence over the quality of our risks and drive improved reporting and assurance that effective risk mitigation strategies and controls are in place and complied with.
Essential functions of the Job:
Risk Culture & Integration
- Provide a strategic view on best practice, sector insights, identify risk themes, emerging risks, and capturing and communicating risk appetite
- Develop and implement a proportionate risk-based compliance monitoring and reporting programme
- Strengthen 2nd line oversight through collation and capture of assurance
- Maintaining, monitoring and reporting compliance within key frameworks
Risk Identification & Assessment
- Work collaboratively with Heads of Departments and their teams in the identification, management and reporting of their key risks
- Facilitate ongoing dialogue across the business through workshops and to support improvements in the completeness and accuracy of risks captured and reported
- Provide challenge, scrutiny and oversight of the quality and completeness of risk capture and reporting by business teams to drive improvements in risk management
- Responsible for risk reporting process including development and completion of best practice risk reports (e.g. dashboards) and the development, monitoring and reporting of Key Risk Indicators
- Supporting in all aspects of Risk Group operation
- Drafting of committee and Board papers
- Good commercial acumen with practical understanding of complex risks manifestation over short and long term, together with pragmatic application of controls and mitigation strategies.
- Exceptional communicator and highly credible influencer with flexibility and gravitas to manage diverse key stakeholder relationships with Chair and Members of Audit Committee , senior executive management and Risk Group (including external and internal audit).
- Technical risk management knowledge and a proven ability to design and develop practical risk management processes and frameworks across different sectors. Understanding of risk and scenario modelling techniques and familiarity with common risk analysis techniques is key.
Proven experience in the following areas;
- Presenting Board and Committee papers and facilitating workshops together with ability to provide constructive challenge to management
- Driving change, with the aim of achieving simplicity, transparency, standardisation and proportionality of process
- Designing and implementing governance frameworks, providing oversight and improving the control environments