About the role:
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Engineer to work within an advanced threat hunting function, along side a team of threat hunting specialists for a market leading cyber security firm in London.
Working with the latest cutting-edge technology, the successful individual will be working along side the DevOps team, maintaining and developing the attack detection infrastructure, ensuring that the threat hunting specialists are performing at their best whilst uncovering new and emerging offensive and defensive techniques.
- You will be designing, maintaining and optimising the Elasticsearch clusters.
- Maintaining and developing the infrastructure of the threat hunting function, allowing the specialists to operate at their maximum potential.
- You will be tasked with writing and deploying custom scripts and rules for; Bro, Snort and Log Parsers.
- Designing and supporting implementation of new client deployments.
- Constantly maintaining the attack detection application stacks, ensuring that they are fully functional and operating to the latest version efficiently.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working with ELK Stack; Elasticsearch, Kibana or Logstash, is mandatory.
- Extensive experience with Linux.
- Previous experience working within a cyber security function; maintaining and develop different attack detection infrastructure or platforms.
- Coding skills with Python.
- Previously working with different rules and scripts; Bro, Snort and Log Parsers.
- Experience in Redhat/CentOS.
- Able to design and implement enterprise security controls.