A leading Global Asset Manager are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Luxembourg office. The ideal profile for this position is either somebody who has trained and qualified within Practice with relevant Financial Services experience or alternatively somebody with relevant Financial Accountant and Reporting experience in Industry.
This is a varied finance role at a company that has a great reputation for progressing people within finance and allowing people to move around the department to gain exposure to different areas.
Outline of the position
The Luxembourg Finance department provides a range of accounting, reporting, tax compliance, accounts payable/receivable and business support services to various Group businesses in Continental Europe.
This Senior Accountant position will report to the Deputy European Financial Controller. The candidate will work directly on the main management company in Luxembourg and will work closely in a team with other accountants.
Main duties in the position
* Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings
* Responsible for the internal reporting to the Comopany headquarters and to Luxembourg office
* In charge of external reporting to the regulators
* Responsible for key controls, reconciliations and adequate documentation
* Responsible for tax compliance of the own entities
* Maintain and own the integrity of financial records
* Providing timely, accurate and business relevant financial commentary and business decision support
* Act as the liaison point for all third-party matters (auditors, tax consultants etc.)
* Proactively seek opportunities for process improvements
* At least 4 years plus accounting, financial or auditing experience
* Strong Excel knowledge is a requirement
* Experience in the use of a corporate accounting system (e.g. ORACLE, SAP) is a requirement
* Fluent in English, any additional language skills would be an advantage
* Focused on quality and timely delivery
* Demonstrating integrity and accountability
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team
* Well organised
* A good understanding of tax compliance issues (international VAT and corporate tax) is an advantage
* Knowledge of the Transfer Pricing rules is an advantage
* Ability to work in a matrix structure
* Ability to work with a broad range of people from different backgrounds / nationalities
* Accounting qualifications (e.g. ACCA, ACA) would be an advantage
* Experience in the asset management business is an advantage
* Willing to travel occasionally