Senior Accounts Assistant.
The successful candidate must be immediately available or available within a weeks notice
The successful candidate must have experience with SUN accounting software.
- To provide effective support to the senior finance team by assisting with some basic budgeting and payroll
- To provide support for the Financial Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Tax teams.
- To provide support to the Finance team to ensure that month end processes are carried out to the highest standards.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Banking & Treasury
- Complete Bank reconciliations on a timely basis for designated bank accounts.
- Post Windsor cash receipts journals & partner with the local finance team in Windsor in order to ensure accurate reporting of cash balances and receipts.
Month end process, year end and other financial accounting responsibilities
- To assist with the Month and Year End processes.
- To prepare Month End reconciliations and ensure the validity of balances in various Balance Sheet accounts. These include, but are not limited to, the Rent Control Account, Provisions for Doubtful Debts, Inter-company and Third Party Deposits.
- Provide support for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable operations, tax and the financial accounting teams.
- Assist in various year end activities, which may include preparing ad-hoc information for notes to the Group Financial Statements.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and project work as requested e.g. obtaining information for the auditors
Knowledge and experience needed to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Preferably studying for or intending to study for a professional accounting qualification.
- Experience of using SUN Financial System is required.
- Experience of working to high attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical and IT skills, including Excel.
- Record of engaging with others - excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer focused approach to service delivery.
Personal style, behaviour and attributes needed to undertake the post
- IT Awareness: Ability to personally maximise technology to aid the business.
- Analytical skills: Ability to interpret prescribed procedures accurately and solve problems.
- Communication: Confident in communicating with people, be able to understand team dynamics and maintain open communication channels with all parties.
- Business Management: Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines.
- Use initiative and identify ways to continuously improve processes.
- Have broad appreciation of commercial issues and understands the market position
If you have relevant experience and would like your application to be fast tracked, please forward your CV to email@example.com