I'm currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Manager for a FTSE retail business. 6 month FTC paying £70-80k. The role will involve business partnering with Head of Trading and Leadership team.
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Finance Manager:
- Planning and reporting with ownership and management of the P&L
- Support the Budget, Forecasting, and strategic planning process
- Summarise the overall cluster impact for the Head of Trading
- Guide on strategy changes to be correctly reflected in the P&L with the buyers
- Challenge the Trading Managers and Buyers on weekly trading to drive profitability and reflect strategy ensuring the Head of Trading is updated
- Communicate risks and opportunities for the cluster through the monthly commercial reviews and on a timely basis
- Decision support, Insight and Analysis
- Support the Head of Trade on key supplier negotiations, tender processes, ensuring any financial stipulations are understood and accounted for correctly
- Responsible for specific ad-hoc analysis including strategy work and scenario modelling on new initiatives and promotions
- Provide insightful analysis and advice to improve commercial decision making. Understand key sales, margin and profitability drivers and pro-actively undertake analysis to support driving profitable sales and maximising margin
- Prime and Promotions:
- Review offers and analysis of price investment strategy across the Group, providing support to ensure the overall pricing strategy has relevant financial support
- Supporting on Price and Promotions changes and the impact on the P&L ensuring outturn/forecasts are reflecting this
- Coach and develop the Finance Analyst who supports this area
- Strategy development
- Active part of category strategy, challenge and analyse the future strategy of each category
- Support delivery of 3 year strategy through delivery and implementation, analysing performance of each strategic lever
They are looking for someone to start ASAP for 6 months, temp to perm options available too.
The successful candidate will be 5+ years PQE with experience of working in a similar senior commercial role within a consumer business.