We are looking for an experienced compliance and risk professional to join the Payments Compliance team to invent simple solutions to difficult regulatory issues.
The Business Unit Compliance Team is specifically responsible for providing Compliance subject matter expertise across lines of business offering payments, lending and prepaid products. The role will work closely with legal and risk teams to conduct compliance assessments and provide compliance and risk mitigation requirements for new product development, geographical expansion and changes to existing products. The team will assist business units in understanding the tactical steps required to launch products that meet the bar with respect to all applicable laws and regulations. Areas of expertise include fraud, AML, internet, operational, and consumer protection laws and their connection to e-commerce and payments industries.
At the firm, we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration. This is an opportunity to be the driving force behind a well-oiled and transparent compliance program and a champion of the businesses they support.
A successful Business Unit Compliance manager will:
- Define key compliance performance indicators for a business unit and establish metrics and reporting to ensure transparency in communication with stakeholders
- Work with legal teams to understand applicable regulations and regulatory risks associated with launching or changing products
- Collaborate with internal risk management teams (AML, Risk) to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations to business partners in the form of clear requirements
- Operate the Compliance Intake and Approval processes
- Work with product management and engineering teams to prioritise scalable technology solutions to enable business innovation
- Proactively identify pain points and opportunities for continual process simplification and improvement to create program efficiency's
- Raise the customer experience bar by optimising risk-based controls and removing unnecessary friction
- Draw upon regulatory knowledge to quickly assess and offer risk-based solutions to difficult business issues
- Perform competitive bench marking to ensure the compliance programs exceed industry standards
- 6 years of experience in payments and/or e-commerce technologies in regulatory compliance, fraud risk management, operational risk management, information security or other related fields.
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated with proven capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong familiarity with payments industry
- Direct experience with P2P, credit, prepaid, lending, or e-commerce risk management