A Boutique Insurance firm is looking for a senior compliance/regulatory professional to work with the head of Governance to support their growing business.
To manage the day to day Regulatory Compliance and Governance for the Group, in support of the Chief Governance Officer.
- To maintain and monitor compliance with any applicable UK or International statutory or regulatory obligation as required by the role. This includes but not limited to obligations arising from:
- The prudent management of the business.
- Placing due regard on the interests of customers.
- Observing rules on Sanctions and financial crime.
- Regulatory requirements and local licensing restrictions
- Group Policies: To draft, update and maintain risk-related policies for approval by Group and Operating Boards, and to implement these in support of overall Group Risk Management.
- To support the Chief Governance Officer in other Governance and Regulatory Compliance related projects as these arise.
- Financial Crime: responsible for all control activity relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions, bribery and corruption, compliance with the Group Financial Crime policies including Corporate Crime Offences and for reporting to the Group Audit Committee.
- GDPR: To manage compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for all business operations and internal support services which are in scope of the GDPR, and to oversee data protection in overseas operations which are in scope of local data protection regulations.
- Participate and undertake appropriate professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of relevant qualifications where required.
- To work with the Risk Management and Audit Functions as required.
- Significant experience in a Risk or Compliance role overseeing general insurance, in an Insurer, Coverholder or Broker environment
- Significant experience in operational implementation of financial services regulations and liasing with regulators.
- Knowledge of UK and EU Financial Services Regulations
- Compliance Monitoring and reporting
- Management of claims, complaints and losses and regulating these