A prestigious multi-strategy Hedge Fund are seeking a Senior Compliance Officer to build out their Compliance function in London. They are seeking an intelligent and enthusiastic Compliance Officer to work within the firm's global Compliance team, primarily covering the London office, as well as participating in the team's general functions.
Key duties include:
- Managing the firm's UK compliance program incorporating FCA and other relevant EMEA regulatory provisions and ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory regimes such as MiFID II and GDPR
- Assisting with the implementation policies, procedures and monitoring requirements associated with applicable regulatory developments such as MiFID II, AIFMD, UK Senior Managers Regime, Market Abuse Regulation, 4th EU Money Laundering Directive, etc.
- Primary responsibility for the compliance oversight of the activities across EMEA, assisting with maintaining compliance manuals, policies and procedures in EMEA as required
- Supporting the US team in the firm's compliance testing and monitoring activities, including the review of trading and portfolio management activity, forensic testing, various trade surveillance reports and electronic communications
It is essential that you have:
- 5 -10+ years relevant experience managing a global compliance program (fund experience preferred).
- Legal degree preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience working in a compliance function with a solid understanding on UK and EMEA regulations