Senior CSOC Analyst
About the role:
Currently working with a boutique Cyber Defence & Intelligence firm on the build-out of their green-field Cyber Security Operations Centre, based in Reading.
Going beyond the initial monitoring and triage of incidents, you will be using various security tool sets, to engage in and lead investigations using various techniques covering digital forensics, incident response and malware analysis.
* You will be acting as an escalation point for detected security incidents.
* You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
* You will be assisting Junior/Mid-Level analysts perform 1st line responses.
You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
* You will be identifying malware and various attacks and analysing event data that are generated from endpoints: IDS, MPS, Proxies and Network Devices.
* Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
* Extensive experience working within a dedicated Security Operations Centre (SOC) is essential.
* Experience in mentoring Junior Analysts within a SOC.
* In-depth experience of Packet Capture Analysis (PCAP), Malware, Incident Response.
* Minimum of 2 years working with a Security Operations Centre (SOC).
* Must be eligible for SC Clearance.
* Exposure to a variety of SIEM tools is beneficial.
SANs certifications such as: GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GREM etc, are beneficial.