Senior Cyber Security Analyst
About the role:
An exciting opportunity within a well-established software services company, has opened up for a proficient Senior Cyber Security Analyst. This opportunity is open to a distinctive individual to work within a dynamic and growing environment.
You will be working with the latest, cutting-edge technology, alongside a team of highly skilled Security Operations specialists. You will have knowledge in handling different features of operational security such as SIEM events, Incident Response, Vulnerability Analysis and Security Testing. You will regularly liaise with the CISO and other senior stake holders within the business, translating technical concepts into business language.
- Observing and responding to alerts from different security monitoring tools - experience using Splunk in a professional environment is essential.
- Leading and delivering complex activities, relating to cyber security monitoring and incident response for systems and infrastructure.
- Operation and optimisation of a variety of different security tools/products, including network security (IDS/IPS/Firewalls), encryption technologies, anti-virus and incident management.
- Respond to endpoint protection and malware detection tools alerts.
- Ability to consult on improvement, implementation of technical security controls and design.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team, helping them through the more intricate incidents.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Splunk and Log Analysis.
- Exposure to numerous malware variations and IOC's.
- Experience of leading Incident Response and Investigation activities.
- Have a good knowledge of Firewalls and Network Protocols.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of information security technologies and methods.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Consciousness of Java web applications and their security configurations.
- Web technologies, SaaS, AWS/AZURE, email servers, DNS, SSL/TLS etc.