Senior Cyber Security Engineer
About the role:
An opportunity has a risen, to work for one of the fastest growing research and technology companies worldwide, utilising the most cutting-edge technologies in the market as a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to develop and build out their security infrastructure.
The successful candidate will also be reporting directly to the Security Engineering Manager and will be responsible for delivering new security capabilities, incident response, ensuring security compliance and enforcement and the remediation of operational and security risks.
- Management of the development and building of the security infrastructure.
- You will be involved with learning the security technologies and business processes across the spectrum.
- You will be developing and using different techniques, processes, utilities and procedures for assessing risks to the systems.
- You will be actively monitoring systems and networks for intrusions.
- You will be tasked with incident response engagements for data breaches.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience as a hands-on, technical engineer covering a variety of different network technologies and appliances.
- Knowledge in securing, auditing and maintaining Windows and Linux would be beneficial.
- Experience managing security products such as; Antivirus, DLP tools, Identity Management and scripting capabilities on both Linux and Windows.
- A degree in Computer Science, Security, Engineering or related disciplines is required.
- 5+ year's experience working with systems infrastructure, security operations or IT support roles.