Senior Cyber Security Specialist
About the role:
An exciting opportunity at a leading international investment bank has arisen for a Senior Cyber Security Specialist, to work within a dedicated SOC environment, investigating and managing complex attacks, mitigating the damage of the attack and escalating the remediation of the event.
Working within a dynamic environment, along side a group of industry experts, you will be tasked with the operation of security and intrusion detection within a 24x7 environment.
- Identification of attacks from internal and external sources, globally.
- You will be acting as the first line of contact, for detected security incidents.
- You will be tasked with triaging detected attacks and event escalation to the appropriate business sector.
- Analyse intelligence information to ensure enhanced detection as well as improvement of function capability.
- Support enhancement, improvement and delivery of monitoring and response methods and processes to reduce risk
- Shift work to ensure 24x7x365 coverage.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- You must have a comprehensive understanding of security techniques and technologies such as Intrusion detection, Proxies & URL Filtering, Intelligence Fusion, Sandbox and Threat Analysis.
- Have an extensive understanding of different security processes and technologies including Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Security monitoring and Vulnerability assessment.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Must have experience in using Linux and data manipulation via scripts.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.