Interested in Real Estate? We are currently working with a Series C startup who's mission is to leverage the power of data and technology to transform the world's largest asset class - commercial real estate. By structuring unstructured data from various sources, they are able to deliver actionable insights to their customers.
About the role:
As a Data Engineer you will work with the team to build a data infrastructure that can manage the various complexities of commercial real estate and work to build a first-of-its-kind data product. Our client is working to pioneer the use of data discovery, pipelining, extraction, importation, sanitization, and visualization of massive datasets to an industry that is eager to utilize an Enterprise CRE SaaS solution like theirs in their daily workflow. They are taking challenges in the world of machine learning and scalable data processing using technologies like Scala, Spark, Postgres, ElasticSearch and Docker.
- Working with the Engineering team to design, build and improve the clients complex data layer
- Working to build data systems that ensure quality and consistency on their data platform
- Solving real challenges around creating systems that import, cleanse, structure, and display huge volumes of data
- Playing a major role in the future architecture of their rapidly expanding backend platform
- Writing high quality code, participating actively in code reviews, and consistently helping to ship software
- 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineering capacity
- Experience building and scaling ETL/batch processing systems that organize data and manage complex rulesets
- Proven ability leveraging database technologies to solve non-trivial, large-scale problems
- Advanced/Expert knowledge in SQL and data analysis
- Experience programming in both typed (Scala, Java, etc..) and non-type (Python, Ruby, etc..) languages on production projects
- Experience building modern, data-driven, web applications with emphasis on strong software design methodologies