I'm currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to join a FTSE retailer.
The role will report directly to the Head of Finance - Property but will also interact and business partner to the wider Property Estates and Property Leadership teams. It is primarily a technical accounting role, with emphasis on delivering and reporting on the calculation of store level provisions and the impact on associated fixed assets and being the business owner of the Alteryx model used to run these calculations.
- Process Improvement:
- Refine the Alteryx model and the associated outputs to deliver accurate internal and external reporting in relation to the store estate programme
- Develop and embed supporting processes and controls to improve the ongoing accuracy of the store estate accounting
- Understand and plan for the impact of IFRS16 on store estate accounting processes
- Monthly Reporting:
- Closure of month end for store estate ensuring that all transactions are appropriately accounted for
- Develop, collate and prepare elements of the Property Monthly management reporting pack including:
- Adjusting items - details of monthly charge, cash flow and provision position
- Prepare full variance analysis to support results and areas for improved cost reporting
- Planning & Forecasting:
- Prepare the budget and quarterly forecasts for the store estate
- Stakeholder Management:
- Build solid relationships within Property and with other key business areas eg Retail / other Finance teams and investor relations to support delivery of store estate numbers and associated messaging
- Build strong relationships with the Auditors, ensuring that expectations are met and a clean audit can be delivered
- Improve financial awareness for non-finance staff on finance processes and deliverable's
They are looking for someone who is ACA qualified with a technical accounting background, as well as being very strong on excel.