A iconic sports business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
You will play an important role in the finance department, covering key areas such cash flow forecasts, evaluating new commercial and operational opportunities and liaising with the ticket office to ensure event revenues are recorded correctly.
The role will have a broad range of accounting responsibilities, covering month end/year end procedures and will require the candidate to work in close coordination with other members of the wider Finance team.
Main duties include:
- Monthly and annual accounting processes and reporting
- Reviewing and performing key balance sheet reconciliations to source data to identify any possible errors
- Preparation and reporting of management reports
- Analysis of performance (e.g. variance analysis vs. budget, written and verbal commentary)
- Reviewing data provided by other departments for reasonableness and identifying possible errors
- Preparation and checking financial statements
- Liaising with External Auditors and managing a number of subsidiary audits
- Working with ticket office to record and reconcile match revenue
- Reviewing and authorising payment runs for parent and subsidiaries
- Answering stakeholder questions and providing additional ad-hoc analysis
- Act as the main point of contact for the treasury operations including daily bank maintenance, loan covenant compliance and managing foreign exchange exposure
- Coordination and preparation of a weekly cash flow model for the Group including:
- Liaising with various members of finance and other departments
- Reporting the cash flow and cash position to senior management on a weekly basis
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and answering questions as they arise
- Assist in other periodic and ad hoc Finance projects (finance and accounting support for commercial transactions, business transactions etc.)
Once settled in you will get the opportunity to manage one person. You will be ACA/ACCA qualified either looking for your first move from practice or in a financial accountant role. This is a great chance to work in the sports industry in a role where you will work across lots of different departments.