Role Title: Senior Financial Accountant || Salary: £70,000 plus bonus
This role is working for a world leading asset manager in a Senior Finance role where you will be a senior finance team member with responsibilities around financial control and reporting as well as project work.
This is a broad financial accounting role where you will be challenged technically at a leading brand in the Asset Management sector.
1. Month-end responsibilities
Produce the monthly financial statements for all UK entities, applying the appropriate accounting standards and making subsequent IFRS adjustments ready for Head Office reporting. Prepare a month-end timetable and other workflow controls with adherence to group reporting deadlines.
Main month-end tasks include:
- Ensure all fee and expense accruals and prepayments have been properly calculated and recorded
- Post payroll data and bonus accruals and update schedules as required by Head Office Finance.
- Ensure costs have been correctly allocated and recharged to other intra-group companies.
- Analytical review of P&L and Balance Sheets for the 3 UK entities.
- Ensure all internal reporting deadlines are met.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Proper maintenance and preservation of all accounting records in keeping with statutory and internal requirements.
- Perform necessary IFRS adjustments to the local accounts.
- Report the IFRS financials to Head Office via the consolidation tool and prudential reporting.
2. Internal Controls
- Perform monthly controls on general ledger accounts, in particular those relating to payroll, bonuses and investments.
- Perform regular reviews of internal controls process relating to the revenue and expense aspects of UK Finance, taking into account the need to comply with external or internal regulations.
- Ensure internal controls matrix and procedure documentation is up to date.
- Identify areas of weakness, with corresponding recommendations for improvement.
- Help implement any improvements to internal controls.
3. Expenses Reporting
- Key leader to set up Monthly report regarding expenses in line with the purchase division standard of the Group.
4. Financial and External Reporting
- Liaise with the branches' parent companies and agree equity and intra group balances.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT return for the UK VAT group.
- Prepare the annual financial statement for the limited company.
- Prepare the quarterly FCA reporting and enter data into Gabriel.
5. Other General Duties
- To prepare the Corporation Tax returns in coordination with external tax advisors and Group Tax.
- To assist in all audits of the department: statutory audit (quarterly review and annual), ISAE3402 (annual) and internal audits (as required).
- To undertake any other duties as required from time to time appropriate to the level of the role.
- Treasury, including cash forecasting.
- Qualified Accountant with 5 - 10 years experience
- Experience in Asset Management or wider Financial Services
- Team player and the ability to work well with senior stakeholders