A FTSE listed property and construction business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
You will take primary responsibility for the Group's annual report including updating the format of internal and external reporting for changes in financial accounting and reporting standards and take responsibility over the content of the financial statements section. Duties include:
- Oversee Group accounting matters including:
- Share-based payments
- Non-underlying items
- Ad hoc corporate transactions
- Assist Head of Reporting to draft quarterly report to the Audit Committee
- Provide accounting guidance to the operating businesses, primarily in these areas:
- Application of the group accounting policy manual
- Applying IFRS 15 to specific contract scenarios
- Applying principles of IFRS 16
- Applying IFRS 9 hedging rules to forward contracts entered into
- Other ad hoc IFRS queries
- Evaluating the effects of emerging accounting standards, and proactively communicating the effect within the Group
- Support to central Group consolidation team, particularly at half-year and full year
- Maintaining group accounting policy manual
- Key role in communicating with and managing the external auditors
This is a pivotal role in the central finance function of a £8bn international FTSE 250 group, providing technical and analytical support on a full range of financial issues.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified either looking for your first move from practice or in a similar financial accountant role.
The successful candidate will benefit from a broad Group Finance education in a FTSE listed business. You will become a critical part of the Group Finance team and will be the focal point of Group Finance, with exposure to various senior leadership individuals.