A global investment management firm are looking to expand their fixed income fund research team in London. This role will involve selection and monitoring of Fixed Income Portfolio Managers across the investment universe of Fixed Income assets.
Our client which has significant AuM has been successful in expanding their mutual fund platform offering to clients globally. Reporting into the Head of Investment Research you will be joining a dedicated team of fixed income fund researchers based in London as part of a wider investment manager research function across the globe.
- Contribute to the fund research process for existing funds / managers as well as potential new managers
- Conduct in-depth due diligence through a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess manager skill. Due diligence will include data analysis, fund / manager conference calls and on-site visits, and preparation of written due diligence reports
- Analyse managers to understand drivers of risk and return, alpha composition and the robustness of the strategy in various market environments. The analysis is focused on assessing a manager's competitive advantage versus its relevant peers
- Compose cogent investment theses for recommended funds, focused on investment edge
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing investment managers.
- Responsible for contributing to business development by providing technical support in client and prospect meeting
- Respond to various requests from other teams
- At least 5 years of experience in manager selection, fund research or multi-manager with a specialism in fixed income
- Educated to degree level in a finance related subject with an advanced degree and / or industry qualification, such as MSc, CFA or progression towards CFA.
- Sound working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets
- Strong capabilities in Excel and financial information systems (e.g. Bloomberg, Morningstar, eVestment, FactSet, BlackRock Solutions, Barclays Live etc)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and project management skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis data and make deductive decisions.
- Able to explain technical issues in simplified terms to colleagues and clients.
- Can demonstrate experience of presenting and is comfortable doing so to a large audience
- A team player with a motivational hands-on approach
- Willingness to take initiative, exercise independent judgement and act decisively
- Fluency in English, fluency in German would also be advantageous