Goodman Masson have partnered with a growing mining business and we are seeking an experienced, commercially aware Geologist with a strong technical background to join their London based Investment team.
This is a newly created role and will suit someone with a strong background in the field, ideally in Africa, and who has then progressed into a investment focused role but wants to mould the two skill sets together.
The role deals with the board daily and will be driving value as they continue to expand.
Our client are keen to get someone in place as soon as possible so please do apply today for more information.
* Work within the London-based investment team
* Identify M&A opportunities through market screening, conferences and networking
* Screen and review investment opportunities
* Lead due diligence processes and prepare risk and fatal flaw analysis
* Rapidly identify critical project value drivers, and know when additional support is required to address them
* Resource and reserve risk assessment (including conducting extensive QA/QC monitoring to ensure data and interpretations are accurate)
* Make recommendations for investments and prepare summary presentations that incorporate both financial & technical findings
* Represent the business on site visits to mining assets and at conferences in both the UK and abroad (significant business travel is involved to both site and commercial environments)
Skills - Essential:
* Bachelor's Degree in Geology from a leading university
* The ideal candidate will have at least extensive experience working as a geologist in the field, and exposure to working for a financial institution or investor
* Proven track record in mining operations and exploration
* Strong understanding of technical elements of mineral projects
* Experience working in developing countries (with specific experience in West Africa considered advantageous)
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with adaptability to work with people from various areas of the business and leadership levels
* Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships internally and externally (both locally and internationally)
Skills - Preferable:
* Able to produce and validate block models and other parameters as required
* Strong working knowledge of Leapfrog software and implicit modelling