Our client is a listed Oil & Gas business based in Central London who have a newly created vacancy for a Senior Group Accountant to join their established finance team.
They are a high growth company and are looking to conduct interviews for this position remotely ASAP.
The Finance Director is looking for an experienced qualified accountant to take on a broad accounting role in the finance team. The role is a diverse one including aspects of financial and management reporting and tax.
- Review of monthly management accounts for presentation to the Board including reviewing analysis and reports provided by the Financial Controller Operations, Financial Reporting Manager and Financial Planning and Analysis manager to ensure appropriate and useful commentary, consistency and accuracy
- Review of Group (Interim and Final) and subsidiary financial statements including preparation/review of accounting papers for key accounting policies. Preparation of the finance review and supporting schedules for the Group financial statements
- Technical accounting responsibility for new accounting standards or new business activities including acquisitions/disposals. Provide technical advice to the Finance team
- Review of quarterly and ad-hoc reporting to lenders and preparation of compliance statements under covenants
- Responsible for corporation taxation matters for the Group and its subsidiaries including liaising with tax advisors to provide information for corporation tax returns, reviewing computations and contributing to tax planning activities
- Assistance in improving processes throughout the finance team
- Other activities to assist the Finance Director as required
The ideal profile would be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with 2-3 years post-qualified experience.
The candidate should have excellent technical accounting knowledge and demonstrable experience in interpreting and applying new accounting requirements.
Critical thinking, the ability to consider the financial accounting, management accounting, tax and treasury aspects of transactions is key. The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of using initiative, have a good eye for detail and be able to meet deadlines whilst managing competing priorities.
The role will involve liaising with people throughout the Company, both in the finance and operations teams, and good verbal and written communication ability is essential.
The candidate should also have experience of financial processes in an industry environment and be able to demonstrate broad, all round accounting experience.
Experience in the energy sector would be an advantage. Good excel and word skills are essential and the candidate would ideally have experience of SUN systems.