My client is an international Natural Resources business based in Central London who are embarking on a period of growth and are looking at new acquisitions to compliment their existing portfolio.
This role has been newly created and will suit an experienced qualified accountant who wishes to work in a dynamic and growing company.
This position will play an important role in the London team and will report directly to the Head of Finance.
This is a chance for the right candidate to help build a first-class global reporting function in a high profile and extremely exciting business.
The role will have daily interaction with the C-Suite and the output here will be direct to the CFO.
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly group management accounts and monthly group reforecasts for senior stakeholder review
- Coordinate review meetings with local finance business units to review and challenge variance analysis of actuals v budget v forecast to enable effective management decision making
- Management of a small cross country located team of finance professionals
- Instigate improvements to the financial reporting systems currently in place
- Coordination and preparation of quarterly Finance material for Board meetings
- Coordination of reporting packs delivery to investors
- Provide recommendations to management to inform accounting best practice
- Ad-hoc project related work
It is essential that the candidate be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE.
It is also essential that the candidate have good technical accounting experience, preferably within the oil and gas or energy sector with in depth knowledge of the timely delivery of high quality reporting to Executive Management, ideally within a large multinational organisation.
It is essential that the candidate is proactive, delivery focused, can operate in a high paced environment and is adaptable and flexible to working in an evolving organisation.
The role will involve some travel to overseas locations.