Incident Response Consultant
About the role:
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Incident Response Consultant, to work for a market leading cyber security consultancy, working within a dedicated and dynamic environment, delivering consolidated analysis, detection, event monitoring and escalation alongside a team of industry experts.
Working with the latest, cutting-edge technology, you will be working as part of the Incident Response Team, delivering investigations and Incident Response services to clients.
- You will participate in technical response to different security incidents.
- Investigation and performance of root cause analysis on intrusions within the company.
- Maintaining target utilisation on client chargeable projects.
- You will also be helping with the development of the company's incident response capabilities, in addition to writing and maintaining playbooks, assisting in cyber-scenario exercises and assessing different incident response maturities.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of different client-server infrastructures, related logging and alerting and security architectures.
- Experience within Windows, Linux and/or OS X internals.
- Experience in memory analysis and malware analysis.
- Ability to report key findings in a clear and concise manner to both technical and senior management audiences.
- Must understand different file-system analysis such as HFS+, NTFS, FAT and EXT2/3/4 and able to and find and extract mutual disk-based indicators of compromise.
- Must have a qualification in Incident Response and Forensics; GIAC or CREST or ACE.