A multinational telecommunications company is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join their team.
Purpose: To plan, coordinate, execute and report internal audits in accordance with the internal audit methodology to provide independent assurance and advice to improve our client’s control environment and operations.
· Deliver audit work on time and in accordance with the internal audit methodology.
· Work independently with support and guidance from the Audit Manager or Lead Auditor.
· When leading an assignment, co-ordinate teams of between one and three auditors and or co-sourced resource to complete the audit in accordance with the audit planning memorandum agreed with the VP Internal Audit.
· Perform detailed planning, including a risk assessment for the business area or business process under review.
· Communicate with auditee management throughout the audit to keep them informed of audit progress and agree findings and management action plans.
· Assist the Audit Manager in drafting the audit report.
· Take part in update and closing meetings with management.
· Carry out quarterly follow-up of previous recommendations and prepare summary progress updates.
· Prepare assignment updates for discussion at the weekly management meeting.
Knowledge & Experience
· Professionally-qualified accountant or auditor from either a top 10 firm or with relevant industry experience;
· Experience in risk-based auditing and risk management;
· Experience of auditing in the technology, media or telecoms sectors is considered a plus;
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex information.
· Able to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels, varying style and content as necessary.
· Strong organizational skills and capable of managing and achieving multiple deadlines.
· Ability to manage a project team.
· Strong analytical skills, supported by critical thinking and an ability to identify the root cause of a problem.
· An inquisitive mind with an innovative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving.
· Effective working within a team or as an individual, able to deliver independently as well as through others.