Senior Intrusion Analyst
About the role:
An exciting opportunity within a dedicated and innovative Cyber Defence firm, has arisen for an accomplished Senior Intrusion Analyst. This opportunity is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic and growing security environment.
Working with the cutting edge technology, you will be working as part of the Response group, consulting on the configuration of the monitoring intrusion detection systems, analysing network traffic and related log files. As a Senior Intrusion analyst, you will lead on responding to and investigating alerts, threats and other specific data brought up by your client's needs, with a view to evaluate and tackle the requirements.
- Monitoring and responding to alerts from various security monitoring toolsets.
- Participating in and leading Incident Response and Threat Hunting activities.
- Assisting the Security Engineering team in the fine tuning of security toolsets and generation of new signatures/rules.
- Act as a mentor and escalation point to the more junior members of the team, helping them through the more complex incidents and investigations.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge and exposure to numerous variations of malware and IOC's.
- Have experience within the network protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP/IP.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the principles of IDS and how they are used.
- A respectable knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in using security tools such as TCPDump, WireShark, Snort or any other security tools.
- Knowledge of past and recent Information Security threats.
- Exposure to computing network design principals.