A global leading transport business is looking to recruit a corporate finance or M&A individual to join its team.The main purpose of the role will be to manage its ongoing growth via M&A primarily in Southern and Eastern Europe.
Main duties include:
- Managing and controlling that the M&A project is carried out in compliance with Corporate Governance guidelines (e.g. M&A guideline.)
- Coordinating transaction execution including performing business due diligence ("DD") and supporting negotiation.
- Representation of the companyin discussions and negotiations with target companies and client bodies - including vendors, potential partners and stakeholders.
- Coordination of financial and operational information throughout all stages of the project up to completion or termination, plus post-implementation reviews for completed deals.
- Management and control of all aspects of each M&A project including liaison with departments as needed during the approval process.
- In new territories to produce supporting documentation covering all aspects of general business management for the region especially covering legal and financial considerations.
- Drawing up, overseeing the construction, maintenance and review of detailed financial models to form company valuations and analyse historical and projected financial information to support due diligence throughout the M&A process.
- Extract the main conclusions and assumptions of a financial model especially in the decision making process reducing complexity (e.g. understandable for non-finance experts).
- Standardisation of financial models e.g. by defining/utilising industry specific KPI´s in order to guarantee a quick delivery of results.
- Training of Junior Project Managers on Financial Modelling tasks.
- Day-to-day supervision and management of Junior Project Managers.
- Working closely with other departments such as Group Engineering, HR, IT, Legal, M&A etc. on initiatives when required.
- Support on global strategy recommendations and structural and operational decisions
- Communicating with existing and new countries where required on project decisions and provision of resource to ensure maximum utilisation of experiences.
- The ideal candidate will have Corporate finance/ M&A experience in small and mid-sized international acquisitions (e.g. investment bank, boutique, or accounting firm) as well as Strong financial modelling skills