Job Title: Senior Management Accountant (12 month FTC)
Reporting to: Lead Accountant
Location: London/ hybrid working
£40 – 45,000
Join one of the leading global providers of market intelligence and trading services for the metals and mining industries. It offers real-time market data, analysis, and news on a wide range of metals, including gold, silver, copper, aluminum, and nickel, as well as other commodities such as oil and gas. The company also provides trading platforms and risk management tools to help its clients manage their exposure to market volatility.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Management Accountant to join our team on a 12 month contract to support month end close process, financial reporting, and system migrations.
As a key member of the Finance Team, you will work closely with the Lead Accountant in supporting an efficient month end close process, ensuring all key deadlines are met.
- Independently prepare monthly management accounts and reconciliations, in accordance with IFRS and take it through review with the Lead Accountant and Senior Finance Manager.
- Prepare commentary and variance analysis on results against budget, forecast and prior year.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring balances are backed up.
- Process intercompany charges and reconcile details with the appropriate counterparty.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting by providing accurate information, explanation and analysis to the Business and Finance Business Partners
- Provide all the sale data needed for the sales commission calculations.
- To attend sales commission sign off meetings and provide a backup for Commissions Analyst / Management Accountant if needed.
- Identify and implement process and system improvements
- Assist with internal and external audits
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly.
- Part qualified Accountant
- Strong sense of responsibility; able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes communication among team members
- Preparation of Management Accounts essential
- Microsoft office, proficient in Excel
- Ideally NetSuite, Blackline experience
- Metric driven
- Growth mindset
- Customer centric
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.