The ODD team carry out thorough, independent and thoughtful operational due diligence to mitigate operational risk in fund investments. You will work in a collaborative team environment with other team members to review the operational infrastructure at investment managers. They cover a range of asset classes including Private Equity, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, Long Only as well as regulated and UCIT funds. The ODD function also has the ability to veto any investments if the risk is high, although they have this right, they work collaboratively with the investment due diligence team to ensure the wider remit is all aligned and the team invest in the best managers.
You will be responsible for the monitoring of the existing portfolio of managers as well as reviewing new investment managers, ensuring the processes and practices are of appropriate standard as well as identifying and implementing any improvements. In this role you will work closely the investment and legal teams as a combined due diligence effort and have regular interaction with managers as well as conducting on site visits of managers.
- Review key operational documentation pertaining to investment managers and performing on site visits
- Carry out on-going due diligence for the existing portfolio; the frequency will be determined on a risk basis
- Provide feedback to managers on the findings of the due diligence and where applicable offer solutions to mitigate operational risk
- Work closely with members of the investment, client and legal teams to ensure that priorities are agreed and investment deadlines are met
- Participate in client meetings or pitches for new business to present our due diligence process
- Contribute to adhoc business initiatives
- Assist with ensuring that the operational due diligence process consistently reflects best practice and any key industry topics are incorporated