My client, a leading investments consultant are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Press Officer to join their in-house PR team for a 12 month maternity cover contract.
The role will report to the PR Lead and work alongside another Senior Press Officer.
Your responsibilities will include developing and executing PR campaigns and activity through a wide range of communication channels and to help run a busy in-house press office. The role sits within an energetic, integrated marketing team of 26, working closely with our digital, social media, marketing and design experts to deliver fully integrated campaigns.
Making sure PR, social media and marketing activities are aligned is a key part of this role.
The successful applicant will be working on activity across all areas the firm, with a primary focus on helping to develop and execute effective PR campaigns to support the pensions side of our business. Liaison with senior spokespeople within the firm is a core part of the role.
There will be plenty of opportunity to contribute ideas, take responsibility and develop your skills in a supportive environment.
This role could be based in either my client’s London, Glasgow or Edinburgh offices and you’ll benefit from the flexibility of mixing home working and being in the office with our hybrid working approach. There will be the opportunity to travel across our four offices in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Working as part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver integrated campaigns that encompass PR, marketing, digital and design to align activities and support business development
* Helping to run the press office function, responding quickly to media enquiries and maintaining media relationships
* Developing and executing the PR plans for specific areas of the firm’s services and activities
* Managing and liaising with spokespeople and experts within the firm
* Media and influencer relations: leveraging existing relationships and cultivating new contacts within the media and amongst social media influencers
* Maintaining a keen understanding of industry trends, monitoring developments and making recommendations on topical commentary
* Drafting commentary, press releases, social media posts, articles, blogs and other campaign collateral
* Helping to co-ordinate media monitoring, measurement and analysis
* Helping to manage the online media centre
* Managing spokespeople, including assisting with media training, and briefing ahead of interviews
Skills & Knowledge:
* Proven track record developing PR ideas and executing successful communication campaigns
* An understanding of social media campaigns
* Experience and knowledge of financial services
* Strong relationships with relevant media
* An understanding of the political and regulatory landscape would be beneficial
* Agency experience an advantage
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.