Goodman Masson are looking for a Senior Product Controller to join a market leader in the energy sector who focus primarily on oil on both an industrial and commercial scale. This role sits within the Oil & Gas department and requires someone who possesses top level analytical skills as wells as being adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Previous experience working within the commodities space is essential to this role.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the role involves calculating the P&L for some of the more complex oil products within the business, as well as reviewing the P&L across various other teams. You will take lead on the P&L from top to bottom, highlighting and implementing changes to improve process and efficiency. Strong interpersonal skills will be pivotal to the success of this role, liaising between the front office and various other departments within the finance team. You will also be responsible for one direct report.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Taking lead of oil P&L process top-to-bottom;
- Working closely with various teams to ensure the P&L process is thorough;
- Improving and refining processes relating to P&L production;
- Assisting Traders with Front Office queries relating to P&L calculations.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent);
- Previous experience working in oil product or trade control is essential;
- Product Control experience;
- Commodities experience.