A market leading Oil Services business are seeking the addition of a Senior Project Accouting owing to some new major projects coming online in 2020.
The Senior Project Financial Accountant is an exciting opportunity to take on a high visibility role and have sole accounting responsibility for a large long-term construction project.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of Project Accounting in the Oil & Gas, Construction or similar industries.
The individual will be comfortable working under their own initiative, but also be able to respond to tight deadlines and deliverables as and when requested by Management.
- Accurate monthly SAP close out and Latest Thinking Forecast (LTF)
- Project cash flow reporting
- Project Balance Sheet management - focus on Aged Receivables, Accruals, Unearned and Unbilled accounts
- Monthly & Quarterly variance analysis on project forecast and actuals
- Reporting of monthly Backlog, % Completion, Allowances and Contingency
- Maintenance, and improvement to where required, of Project Finance control environment
- Ownership of all finance, tax and treasury issues arising from the Project
- Ensure in-country compliance obligations c are met in a timely manner by working in collaboration with other Business Units/functions
- Review of statutory entities under to ensure accurate reporting of Project data
- Liaison with local accountants towards keeping a WHT certificate file including full reconciliation
- Assist on other Tax matters including Tax filings
- Other adhoc activities and deliverables as required
- At least CIMA, ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Ideally Oil and Gas or Heavy Industry experience
- Good communication skills
- Financial and/or Management Accounting experience
- Strong excel and systems skills
- Self-starter with a pro-active approach.