I am currently partnering with a hugely exciting and fast growing global business based in the City of London who are seeking a experienced, systems oriented billing and collections specialist to join them for the next phase of their growth. Working closely with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant, this role embodies an interesting medium between collections and billing (both manual and automated), revenue recognition and, along with expert help, assisting as architect to the billing interface on the businesses newly implemented CRM system.
- Raising sales invoices in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with international VAT / sales tax rules
- Assessing customer contracts to ensure customers are fully billed (including multi-year deals)
- Being the main point of contact for all queries in relation to sales invoicing within the company, including working closely with sales people in each market and the wider finance team
- Undertake all journals and monthly reconciliations in respect of all revenue related balances including:
- deferred income
- accrued income
- reconciliation of revenue to Saleforce / FP+A forecasts
- Undertaking bank reconciliations (including posting of receipts) for accounts receivable
- Management of all accounts receivable to ensure that all customers have paid on time and manage the process for bad debt recovery
- Deliver credit control and debt collection processes in line with best practice
- Owning the end to end billing and revenue cycle including automating and streamlining of billing process between Salesforce and our accounting software
- Assisting on the roll out of a new accounting system from a billings, AR and revenue perspective
- Building and maintaining documentation of billings and revenue processes and providing support to the controller for audit purposes including group bank and other
- Staying aware of changes in tax legislation and interact with VAT advisers as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting assistance to the Financial Controller
This position is the first of its kind within this business and as such is an excellent opportunity for an experienced receivables specialist to bring their knowledge and understanding of process, systems and day to day to help building a robust and effective receivables function that will allow the business to continue their next phase of growth.
If you have both manual and automated billing experience, exposure to CRM/ERP systems and knowledge of revenue recognition then this could be a great opportunity for you. Please apply via this advert or send your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering note of why this job should be yours!