Senior SOC Analyst
About the role:
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior SOC Analyst to join an innovative Cyber Security firm, working within their dedicated, advanced SOC function based in Reading.
Working along side a team of industry experts, the successful individual will be assisting Junior Analysts perform the initial monitoring and triaging of alerts but acting as an escalation point, performing deep dive packet capture analysis whilst touching on malware investigations.
- You will be acting as an escalation point for detected security incidents.
- You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
- You will be assisting Junior/Mid-Level analysts perform 1st line responses.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- You will be identifying malware and attacks and analysing event data that are generated from endpoints, IDS, MPS, proxies and network devices.
- Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years working within a Security Operations Centre (SOC).
- You must have experience operating and administrating different types of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Understand different security processes and technologies including Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Security monitoring and Vulnerability assessment.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Must have experience in using Linux and data manipulation via scripts.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.