Senior SOC Analyst
About the role:
An exhilarating opportunity at an innovative cyber security consultancy has arisen for a Senior SOC Analyst, to work within a newly developed Security Operations Centre (SOC), using the latest, cutting-edge technology on the market.
Working alongside a group of industry experts within a dynamic environment, you will be tasked with monitoring, triaging and analysis of the alerts within the SIEM and escalating further by leading the Incident Response and Investigation activities.
- Provide first and second level technical resolution for security alerts and SOC service requests.
- Manage alerts and incidents through the incident life cycle within the ticketing system.
- Interface with clients in incident identification, remediation and resolution.
- Resolve or escalate identified incidents.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- Will be communicating about the risks associated with detected events on both technical and non-technical layers to senior stakeholders.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network protocols and information security is essential.
- Understanding and experience of using Linux is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of attacker tools, tactics and procedures.
- 24x7 NOC/SOC experience, experience of working for a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), is desirable.
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing technical security controls (firewalls, IDS, AV).
- 2+years in working within a SOC is required.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Masters or bachelor's degree within Computer Science, Cyber Security or related disciplines is preferred.
- SANS certifications such as 511, 503, 501, 504, 506, 401 is preferred.