Hybrid working in Shipley, West Yorkshire.
Salary up to £41,480
We are looking for Senior Surveyor to join us on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Surveying Manager, you will conduct disrepair and Environmental Health surveys, producing reports and schedules of work for contractors. This role has budgetary responsibility of up to £200,000 per year.
- Identification of structural defects and make recommendations for remedial works
- Cost control in relation to ensuring works are carried out to timescales and budget
- Undertake regular site visits and attend site meetings to ensure statutory obligations/regulatory undertakings are met including CDM
- Advise on construction design, and the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Deal with building notices and advise on property legislation and building legislation
- Maintain and issue regular site progress reports including contract variation instructions, quality and compliance inspections, handover progress and Health & Safety assessments
- Prepare and attend snagging inspections and obtain certificates of completion
- Prepare schedules of defects and ensure they are rectified prior to completion and sign off
- Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with Contractors Method Statements, risk assessments and the schedule
- Professional qualification in a property/building specialism MCIOB, MRICS, MICE etc. or equivalent qualification/experience
- Building related Degree or equivalent qualification/experience i.e. educated to A Level standard or level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4) equivalent and/or relevant technical qualification or experience
- A background in social housing
- Experience of disrepair surveys
- Driving licence and own vehicle
- Salary from £37,247 up to £41,480 per year dependent on experience
- Essential car user allowance
- West Yorkshire Pension Fund membership – Current employer contribution is 16.3%
- Excellent holiday allowance that increases with service
- Training, development, and qualification opportunities
- Corporate health scheme membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local gym membership discounts.
- A team of trained Mental Health First Aiders who are available for colleagues to contact for support
If you believe you have what it takes to be our next senior surveyor, please apply now. Or alternatively send me your CV to Sadie.firstname.lastname@example.org !
Our vision at Goodman Masson is to be admired internally and externally for our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. Some of our clients, lawfully aim to alleviate disadvantage or under-representation experienced by those with a protected characteristic. We proudly support them and have used the UK Government Equality Act 2010: Quick Start Guide to Using Positive Action in Recruitment and Promotion to inform our advertising and sourcing methods.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.