A dynamic and growing energy firm based in Greater West London are seeking a Senior Treasury Accountant to take over as their current incumbent of six years leaves for a new challenge.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Accounting, but with a strong dotted line into the Treasurer, this is the most senior treasury accounting role in the firm and encapsulates a great mix of responsibility, taking both full ownership of the technical treasury accounting piece (accounting for treasury instruments and transaction/hedge accounting), whilst also playing a vital role in developing the TMS from a TA perspective too.
This is an exceptional role for anyone with strong technical treasury accounting knowledge mixed with demonstrable experience of valuing derivatives, accounting for new treasury transactions and working with the TMS to further develop their skill set in a highly dynamic and challenging role.
- Accounting for treasury transactions and improving treasury accounting system
- Valuation of certain derivatives using Bloomberg, the TMS and manual calculations for other derivatives derived from forward rates
- Preparation of technical accounting memos for complex, new and unusual treasury transactions.
- Preparation of treasury notes in Group financial statements and preparation of financial statements of financing company
- Support colleagues both at Group and at sites with treasury related issues and ad hoc projects.
Full job spec available upon request.
To be a good fit for this role:
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Ideally 3+ years PQE experience within an accountancy firms treasury team, or within a Treasury Accountant/Treasury Controller role in a large international corporate
- Good spread of existing skills for this role as per the above description
- Ability to report into, work closely with, and influence senior stakeholders
In return, the business offer a competitive package with a hybrid working model of two days per week in the office/three days working from home.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert, or to be fast tracked email me your CV and a brief covering note directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.