Named one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018', this late stage Series-B, $50M funded, Cannabis marketplace is looking to onboard an experienced Sr. Frontend Engineer for their NYC based office. Actively contributing to existing and emerging systems, this vital hire will be an integral member in providing a tangible impact on their suite of software tools for business operations and scale.
As a Sr. Frontend Engineer, you will have the ability to provide solutions for large-scale growth, influence key technological decisions and shape the future of their world-class SaaS platform which currently services over 1,200 brands and 3,500 retailers across 22 territories in the US and Canada.
- Leverage the latest version of our API to refactor various frontend functionality into modern single page Vue.js apps
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Work with our UX team to build consistent, responsive, and highly reusable widgets as components throughout our applications.
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on the platform and products
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Ensure we are cross-browser compatible for all major modern browsers
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 5+ years working in rich, complex, and ever-evolving front-end user experiences
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Extensive experience and a deep understanding of CSS, including preprocessors
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working with highly responsive web applications
- Familiarity with the concept of state-management libraries (Redux, Vuex, Mobx, etc)
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events
- New office in FiDi
To learn more please e-mail with an updated resume to set up a time to further discuss.