About the role:
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful individual to join a global leading cyber security firm as a SOC Lead, to work within a dedicated SOC on a 9-5 basis along side a team of industry experts.
Working with the cutting edge technology, you will be working as part of the Response group, consulting on the configuration of the monitoring intrusion detection systems, analysing network traffic and related log files. As a SOC Lead, you will lead on responding to and investigating alerts, threats and other specific data brought up by your client's needs, with a view to evaluate and tackle the requirements.
- Assisting Junior/Mid-Level Analysts, to monitor and respond to alerts from various security monitoring tool sets.
- Participating in and leading Incident Response and Threat Hunting activities.
- Working closely with the Senior Analyst, performing complex investigations within Packet Capture Analysis and acting as an escalation point.
- Reporting directly to the SOC Manager.
- Assisting the Security Engineering team in the fine tuning of security tool sets and generation of new signatures/rules.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge and exposure to numerous variations of malware and IOC's.
- Have experience within the network protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP/IP.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the principles of IDS and how they are used.
- A respectable knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in using security tools such as TCPDump, WireShark, Snort or any other security tools.
- Knowledge of past and recent Information Security threats.
- Exposure to computing network design principals.