Job title: Finance Accounts payable Assistant
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts Payable & Accounting:
- Maintain the Purchase Ledger, including inputting all supplier transactions on a timely and accurate basis.
- Correctly account for VAT input tax and coding of transactions
- Reconciliation of control accounts on monthly basis
- Assisting in the preparation for the annual audit
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for balance sheet accounts, such as a detailed prepayment schedule.
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are authorised and coded correctly, including staff expenses.
- Prepare supplier and staff expenses payments in line with payment policies.
- Input all cash transactions and maintain files of cash receipts and payments vouchers.
- Record and administer use of company credit.
- Prepare and maintain a detailed aged Creditors report for weekly analysis.
- Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by the Line Manager.
Skills and experience
- Relevant accounting qualification(s), or the ability to demonstrate appropriate skills and knowledge. AAT or part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Successfully worked in a similar role, ideally in a similar busy environment.
- Excellent numeracy skills & attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (particularly Word and Excel).
- Experience of maintaining spreadsheets.
- Some experience of Nestsuite
- Some experience of designing spreadsheets.
- Personal qualities:
- Desire to make a difference.
- Team player.
- Flexible, and willing to work in the constantly changing environment of a growing start up business
- Conscientious and responsible.
- Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image.