I am currently working on an exciting opportunity within an FMCG business based in East London who are seeking an experienced sole credit controller to take charge of their busy accounts receivable function. Due to the nature of their business this role will have 8 - 4 working hours from Monday to Friday, which whilst being an early start will suit anyone who wants to miss rush hour and enjoys making the most of their evenings.
Furthermore, this is an exciting role due to the fact that, along with managing the day to day collections for the business, it will work closely with the FD to implement new structure and processes to the receivables function so will be an excellent role for anyone looking to take ownership of something and lean on their knowledge and experience to really make the role their own.
- Requesting financial information from prospective customers
- Following up with those customers to ensure the required documents are provided to us and checked
- Collating the credit application paperwork for review with CFO/MD
- Maintaining contact with customers to make sure invoices are cleared for payment
- Resolving queries around outstanding invoices
- Managing the weekly chase list and working with sales team to make sure problems are highlighted and resolved
- Advising clients when their accounts on being put on hold and working with the sales team to ensure this is communicated through the business
- Reporting weekly to the management team including aged debtors report and exception report
- Working with HSBC receivables finance to manage and report overdue debts
- Invoicing on a daily basis (this is a shared task among the accounts team)
- Other support as required.
This is an excellent role for anyone who wants to take the next step in their career and for someone who is keen to use their knowledge and skill set to make a difference. The FD is open on industry background but wants someone who is an experienced and passionate collector who enjoys building strong and lasting relationships with clients as well as having a good insight into the billing/invoicing and revenue remits of their current business to bring with them.
If this role looks like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or send your CV directly to me at email@example.com with a brief covering note explaining why you think you'll be a good fit.