A London based Asset Manager is recruiting for a Solutions Architect on an initial 6 month contract. The role will be fully remote in the first instance but there may be a requirement to be in London toward the end of the 6 months.
- Contributes to the strategic technical architecture for the firm
- Applies the strategic technical architecture to solutions developed by partner developers
- Is responsible for ensuring all projects are developed in-line with strategic direction, and any technical debt introduced is captured, logged and mitigated
- Builds a strong relationship with IT developers, business analysts and project managers - is seen as an equal and valued partner to the process
- Produces documentation in order to represent IT projects at firm-wide architectural discussions and approval forums
- Works alongside developers and development leaders to agree technical designs and solutions
- Acts as a trusted mentor and coach to developers, and as an ally to scrum masters and business analysts - ensuring the highest possible quality of technical design and implementation within the constructs of any given project
- Ensure all risks are clearly understood, communicated and mitigated
- Maintains an up to date view of technology outside of the firm, looks for value add opportunities whilst remaining risk adverse and sensitive
- Acts as a representative of, and deputy to the head of architecture when required
To apply for this role you must have experience of working as a Solutions Architect OR Development Manager with significant experience fo working in the Financial Services space (ideally Asset Management OR Investment / Corporate / Commercial Banking) and be able to deliver change through influence and negotiation. Unfortunately, candidates without this experience will not be considered.
Please note that my client will only consider candidates working via PAYE.