A well known global organisation in the marketplace industry is looking for a Manager, Strategy analysis to join their London team. The Manager, Strategy analysis will play a key market development role, leading the analysis to support market development strategy, and the development, maintenance and communication of effective market intelligence for market development. The role holder will work closely with colleagues in Markets, Data teams and wider functions, managing agents and brokers to ensure a consistent, joined-up and analytically sound approach to market development.
- Lead and manage the Strategy Analysis function within strategy, in support of Corporation and development and strategy planning work – developing & retaining a diverse pool of talent which can be deployed to support market development.
- Ownership of the build, review and maintenance of a market intelligence toolkit that is customer-centric, innovative and value-add, being accountable for the delivery of standard strategy analysis products, tailored research and analysis, and the business construct, design and delivery of all business Intelligence dashboard capabilities – both for internal Corporation and external market use. Including responsibility for planning, sourcing and quality control global non-life (re)insurance statistics supplied by third party data providers, maintaining accuracy, reliability and accessibility.
- Accountable for the Market Intelligence subscriptions budget, managing the maintenance and, where relevant, the timely renewal of all critical data and MI subscriptions and the relationship with the vendors, working closely with and under the guidance of Procurement and Legal.
- Helps to create and maintain effective, data and insights-driven market development, providing support to Head of Strategy and other areas with Market Development where required
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of insurance and the market in particular. Knowledge of data management and analysis. Knowledge of commercial insurance markets preferred.
- University degree expected or equivalent work experience
- Able to demonstrate strong collaborative team working and project management skills. Experience of working in the non-life insurance market preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational. Able to communicate effectively on a one-to-one basis and to senior audiences within the Corporation and market
Benefits and other Info
- Up to £80,000 (experience dependant)
- All company benefits included
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.