You’d be working for one of the leading Airline companies as they have a great opportunity to join their Tax team in the role of Analyst.
Their Tax Analyst is responsible for supporting the group’s compliance obligations across all taxes. This will include assisting with the preparation of returns and supporting documentation for Indirect, Employment and Corporate taxes.
The role supports ad-hoc tax advisory projects which run concurrently alongside our compliance work and will provide guidance, delegation and reviewing of work undertaken by the Senior Tax Assistant.
Day to Day
- Timely preparation of the group’s annual employment tax compliance returns within the statutory and internal filing time frames.
- Identify areas of tax risk, and perform appropriate research to conclude tax position or, where complex, possible solutions for senior consideration.
- Preparing the worldwide group VAT/GST returns including leading the review and obtaining sign off by indirect tax manager.
- Support the business in meeting its Customs & Excise compliance obligations, including auditing of import documents and working closely with our Engineering department.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of the tax control framework across relevant taxes in the group.
- Support managers with ad hoc advisory projects and analysis work.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to obtain relevant, quality information for use in tax compliance processes.
- Support with the periodic ‘deep dive’ tax reporting and forecasting process, including the provision of the full P&L tax charge.
- Providing guidance and support to the Senior Tax Assistant to aid their development.
- Support the delivery of the audit and tax disclosures to the set time line.
- Preparation of entity and consolidation disclosures to ensure accurate presentation of group’s tax position.
Are you ATT qualified? Possibly looking to start studying for your CTA, then this could be just the role!
In addition, we’re looking for:
- Experience of UK tax compliance preparation in Corporation Tax; Value Added Tax; and Employment Taxes.
- Experience of preparing, presenting findings and recommendations for senior review, translating legislation/technical analysis.
- The ability to self-diagnose issues and raise to senior levels.
- A motivated individual who can prioritise and manage workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate cross-functionally within the business, HMRC and professional advisors.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.