Purpose of the role:
To assist the UK tax team with reporting for external purposes, UK corporation tax compliance and the group's other day-to-day corporation tax requirements, while ensuring we maintain goods records and documentation
- Preparation of a portfolio of the UK group's corporation tax returns
- Preparation of UK GAAP current and deferred tax numbers and disclosures for a portfolio of UK companies
- Participating in year-end group consolidation reporting process
- Assistance with other UK tax areas including residency certificates, withholding tax management, double tax relief claims, tax coding to the general ledger etc.
- Assistance with other ad-hoc UK corporation tax queries
- Assistance with the group's SAO and risk management processes
- Willingness to achieve a professional accountancy or tax qualification (e.g. ACCA, ATT)
- A Degree at 2:2 or above
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of accounting systems (SAP/Hyperion), or of a group finance function would be beneficial
- Motivated and driven individual with a willingness to learn and "can do" attitude
- Excellent all-round communicator
- Strong analytical skills and eye for detail
- Organised, structured multi-tasker
- Team player and confidence to build productive relationships with Finance and business colleagues
- A proven track-record of academic success
Ideally they are looking for someone with some previous tax/accounting experience. Their preference would be someone part qualified but with an awareness that they are unable to support ICAS training stream. They can support ACCA, ACA, ATT, and potentially CTA study.
The individual should have a good eye for detail, be very organised and have strong numerical skills. While familiarity with Microsoft Office is a requirement, they would also be looking out for a candidate with good Excel skills (i.e. not quite macros level but able to do vlookups and pivot tables).