The role will report to the Head of Transaction Services and involves working closely with the senior manager of transaction services and other stakeholders such as the Head of Financial Reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising internal commercial, finance, treasury and legal teams on technical accounting issues including the treatment of high value or complex items; including acquisitions, disposals, financings, debt modifications and equity issuances.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reports and facilitate the internal review for these documents.
- Assessment of prospective transactions in advance of submission to the Board.
- Assist in managing communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to facilitate the auditor review of accounting disclosures and technical accounting issues
- Technical accounting review of commercial bid tenders.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5-7 years of experience, either straight from a top 6 accounting firm, or in a similar role in a corporate group, with heavy exposure to IFRS and external financial reporting.
- US GAAP and IFRS experience is essential
- Self-starter, comfortable working in an autonomous role in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complicated finance issues in a straight forward jargon-free manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and gain credibility across the group including providing finance/commercial support at Board level.